Day By Day @ Michigan Farmers Markets
Farmers markets are differentiated from other civic markets, which are normally retained in permanent buildings, opened day by day, deal with a variety of non agriculturalist producers and packaged foods.
Michigan farmers markets is an association with a mission to develop other farmers markets and make them create a flourishing marketplace for local food and farm produces.
These farmers markets have constantly been the chief agriculturalist industries and the leading markets in producing pleasant blueberries and cherries.
Key guides to success in Farmers Markets in Michigan:
- Do your market research thoroughly
- Choose a market for your business accurately
- Offer high-quality, exceptional products
- Fix prices accurately
- Use attractive and admirable displays
- Be responsive to customers
Many agriculturalists in Michigan farmers markets believe that the superlative way to invite customers is to through a commendable display. How then is your demonstration going to win customers?
Here are the tips for creating a good-looking display:
- Let your display be well-ordered.
- Bring fresh and high quality products especially displaying samples.
- Let your display have a unique name for identification.
- Put some products for display in eye-catching containers, crates or baskets.
- Use a colorful and neat cover for your display.
- Let the containers be full to the brim so that everyone can know what is inside the container.
- Advertise your products through writing and posting for people to locate you.
- Let your products look fresh day by day to for the passers-by to be attracted.
Are you intending to join Michigan farmers markets and dealing with bulk baked products?
Remember, there are laws given by the Michigan market manager. Some laws are always discouraging vendors from procuring bulk, baked items and also from selling them if not covered. In order to succeed and go on with your business, you must have an approved license to serve customers.
If you have an interest in owning a bulk business like a bagel or bakery shop, there is no problem, but you have to follow the rule that; goods must be held with covered hands.
The manager is always in charge of these rules, therefore, you must follow them as they are since you might be caught at any time.
As a vendor, you must also:
- Ensure the cleanliness of operating tools/utensils if there is and the operational place.
- Have washing tools (containers with water, washing basins, soaps, etc..) in the farmers’ markets for some customers might be needing them.
Other than the above tips, you might be allowed to offer packaged baked goods that have been produced and packaged in an approved, licensed facility. If you are not the owner of such facility, you must hold a food establishment license in the farmers’ market.
Advantages of Selling at Michigan Farmers Markets:You are assured of instant cash.
- The start-up costs are incredibly low.
- You meet and interact with many customers in one place.
- You interact with customers directly and get their feedback.